Acceptable use policy
- The service allows you to ask any question, except anything that is unlawful or offensive.
- Staff will attempt to answer questions as fully as they can or refer you to another source of information.
- Please be aware it is unlikely you will speak to your local authority, although in almost all cases we are able to help. Outside of UK staffing hours, calls are handled by our colleagues in the US, again, in most cases we are able to help or your question is referred back to the UK for further work.
- Owners of email addresses are responsible at all times for their proper use.
- The service may be used by anyone, however, if you are under 16 years old it is advisable that you seek permission from an adult or guardian to use the service. This is because you provide personal information (your name and email address) when you submit a question, which is something you should generally only do on the internet if you are sure that the situation is safe to do so.
The right is reserved to ban people who misuse the service. Misuse includes:
- Abusive language consistently to staff.
- Deliberate attempts to degrade or disrupt the system performance.
- The distribution of unsolicited email.
Any user’s traffic that crosses another network may be subject to that network’s acceptable use policy.
Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of these terms and conditions which take effect from the date of first use.